Update from 05.01.2017:
As we don’t increase the number of participants per week to maintain the small groups, we decided to offer one additional week to give more people the opportunity to get this intense training at the beautiful Ardeche!
We have the following spaces still available:
Week 1: less than 10 spots available
Week 2: sold out, space for one leader
Week 3: sold out, space for one leader
Week 4: sold out, waiting list
Week 5: Just opened, so we can accept all applicants.
If you are up for a full week of intense training with lots of attention from the instructors
THIS IS THE CAMP FOR YOU!
Join us in the mountains of Ardèche France, and bring altitude into your dancing. Swing Summit is an intensive dance camp, designed to give you the ultimate learning experience and to make a real change in your dancing. This is how:
The perfect combination of really good lessons and relaxing in a beautiful landscape. – Bastian Homann
incredibly cool! small class size, classes that build on each other, lovely environment, enough time to recover and absorb the material, fun and knowledgeable teachers – thanks, it was amazing 🙂 – Sara
If you meet with bottle neck or you doubt the way you usually dance or you want to challenge your dancing habit (good or bad), it is definitively THE ONE to attend to refresh your mind, your perception about dancing. I truly benefit from Swingsummit. – Wei Song
- Maximum 8-10 couples per class
- 3 Levels: high intermediate to high advanced
- Lots of personal attention from the instructors
- 4.5 hours of classes per day
- 30 min guided practice time after every class
- 6 days of classes
- All classes match and/or build upon each other
- Outdoor and indoor dance floors for enjoyable classes in any weather
- Social dancing every night
- Live music on Thursday nights
- Free Rural-WiFi available 😉
- Swimming pool & fitness fun
This is not a Holiday!, it’s better!!! A perfect balance of Lindy, friendship, craziness, fun and pendulum! It’s a very human experience that not only helps you improve your dancing skills big time but also gives you material to share with your scene and allow you to meet wonderful persons. From the teachers who are always ready to share to all the dancers who are always ready to experiment…Definitely my best holiday ever! Lou
Swing Summit truly was an amazing week of learning. You can really tell that a lot of effort has gone into designing classes so they make great sense through out the whole week. Dedicated practice time was where I really could fine tune and get comfortable with the exercises we had been given. A week I’d more than looking forward to return to. – Fredrik Lindbom
This is it!
Most workshops are designed for you to get inspired and take home lots of material to train later. At SwingSummit, we don’t stop at “inspiration”! The goal is to experience an improvement by the time you leave this camp.
Did you know that there are 5 levels to learning? These are: awareness, awkwardness, application, assimilation, and finally art. We have noticed that at most workshops you don’t have time to go beyond awareness. On the social dance floor you might try it once, but might feel awkward and quickly go back to old habits. This is why we see such a big difference between what students can do in class and what they end up doing on the social dance floor.
Every day you will have classes, plenty of time to practice and an evening social. We want you to reach awareness in class, get past awkwardness during practice and get into application during the social. By repeating this process frequently, you will be in the zone throughout the week, you’ll finish the week with assimilation of the techniques and most likely even add your own artistic touch.
Another unique quality of SwingSummit classes are that the teachers meet for a few days before the event starts and work together to create a full weeks training program that helps bring you results in your social dancing.
Teachers of SwingSummit 2017:
- David&Cátia (PT) – you will have 4 classes with them
- Stefano&Giulia (IT) – you will have 4 classes with them
- Areski&Kris (DE) – you will have 2 classes with them
- Ali&Katja (DE) – you will have 1 class with them
- Kris (DE) – you will have 1 solo class with her
All weeks include classes in Lindy Hop, Lindy Charleston, Solo Jazz, lead & follow technique, stretch, leader & follower styling.
In addition to the main classes, you can choose from one or two evening tasters with topics like:
- Solo routines:
- Imagine getting the opportunity to go to a camp and learn a famous solo jazz routine AND REMEMBER IT?!? This is the perfect occasion: Small groups and long time to learn and remember for example the Tranky doo and the Big Apple Routine.
- With a deeper understanding of swing music you’ll not only become a more fun social dancer by becoming more musical but it will actually help you understand many of the lead and follow theories.
- Fitness for Lindy hoppers:
- Staying strong and fit is a vital element of a dancer’s lifestyle. Much of the knowledge we’ve collected over the years is very valuable also for you as a social dancer – for instance, learn how the the joint-by-joint method can help you prevent shoulder, knee or back pains. We’ll help you develop your own plan and routines to stay fit as a Lindy hop dancer.
Depending on student interest we will offer more or less of each theme in a given week.
In 2017 we are offering high intermediate to high advanced level classes. This workshop is intended to help you finally get the personal attention you need to get to the next level. Beginners and low level intermediate level dancers have plenty of workshops and local classes that do a fantastic job in teaching and inspiring them. Once you have the inspiration and the basics, you also start getting lots of contradicting ideas and a feeling of frustration is growing as there are not many opportunities to get answers for these. SwingSummit is one of those opportunities.
Click here for a more detailed description of the different levels: Level description
We have experienced that the best learning happens when you are “in the zone” – in a flow of natural progression. This occurs when the challenge is just above your ability. Our goal is to provide classes and training that keep you in the zone for the entire week. When you sign up, you can choose between 3 levels. However, on the first day we will hold a level split session where we group all participants into 3 homogenic groups. After you have experienced your first class and feel you are in the wrong track, you can ask your teachers to help you select the track that gives you the best chance to stay in the zone.
One of the most pleasant and enriching weeks of my entire life. The people, the place, the dancing; all beautiful. I didn’t want to leave! – Alex Hetherington
- Week 1: Fri, 23 June 2017 – Fri, 30 June 2017
- Week 2: Sat, 1 July 2017 – Sat, 8 July 2017
- Week 3: Sat, 8 July 2017 – Sat, 15 July 2017
- Week 4: Sun, 16 July 2017 – Sun, 23 July 2017
- Week 5: Tue, 25 July 2017 – Tue, 1 August 2017
The class material is the same for all 5 weeks
We used to have a teachers week at the SwingSummit. However, this event has been moved to Berlin. The date for it will be Mon August 14th to Fri August 18th, 2017.
Your final price for SwingSummit is composed of three parts (all prices are per week and per person):
- Classes (all classes, taster classes, socials and practice): 290 Euro per week
- Meals (full board of 3 meals per day) and Accomodation: The total price will depend on the type of accommodation.
- Option 1: 330 Euro
- Option 2: 390 Euro
Although our teachers speak many languages, the official camp language is English.
If you have any questions you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/SwingStepWorkshops/